EVALUATE THIS! FLIPPED WORKSHOP COMPONENTS
The 3-month EVALUATE THIS! workshop is modelled after the successful pilot flipped workshop conducted by the Universities Without Walls (UWW). It will have five basic components:
- Evaluation 101 asynchronous session – In preparation for the workshop, teams will work on their own through an introductory online module on evaluation to ensure all participants have some basic understanding of key concepts and approaches in evaluation
- 2 synchronous online sessions – After a tech check for readiness to participate online, the first session will be a meet and greet, where teams will introduce themselves and the program/project they will be evaluating. It will also include some review of the basic components of evaluation. The second online session will occur at the end of the workshop where participants will present the work they have completed, what they learned and what they plan to do next. Audiovisual options will be encouraged.
- Coaching calls with evaluation coaching team – These calls will occur once at the beginning and middle of the workshop. They will help the teams plan their evaluations and provide feedback back on questions they teams have as they work through their evaluation. More calls can be scheduled if needed.
- Complete program description, logic model and evaluation plan – Each team will post a description of the program or project they will evaluate, as well as a logic model and evaluation plan for the project, which they will complete over the course of the workshop. Each team will also be assigned to provide feedback on one other team’s logic model and evaluation plan.
- Post-workshop follow up call – Three months after the completion of the workshop each team will have a follow up call with the coaches to check-in on the progress of the team’s evaluation project and to get feedback on how the team has been able to apply what they learned in the workshop.